Wednesday 24 August 2016

HOPE, BUT NEVER EXPECT

Expectation
/ɛkspɛkˈteɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

a strong belief that something will happen or be the case.


"Expectations lead to disappointment"- as cliché as it sounds, it is true.
Expectations kill happiness, relationships and most importantly yourself. When you expect something to happen or someone to act a certain way, you are actually trying to control a situation or person that is in fact beyond your control. You can't control situations, you can't control anyone, all you can control is you, yourself and how you react under these circumstances and to other people's actions. When you have expectations, you have preconceived ideas on how things should be that you are attached to. Don't. 

I overlooked that. I had so much expectations on myself, other people and situations to the extent where negative feelings such as sadness, anger, disappointment and fear of failure were produced in a way that I did not know what to do. Frankly, I did not know "expectation" could lead to bad outcomes that could potentially ruin my own happiness & relationships with others.

I was not being myself last night. I was unhappy, frustrated and angry. Then I took a step back, realised I was attempting to control a situation and expected someone to treat me the same way I would treat them. Unfortunately, it did not happen. That was why I was disappointed- and that became problematic since the fault laid within me for putting such expectations.

I literally went to google "how to not have expectations", trying to change the way I perceived things. I came to a conclusion that living in the present and becoming aware of your own thoughts and actions are key to detach yourself from expectations. Accept reality for it is, and people as they are.
(This & other websites helped me)

"There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality or lower your expectations".

In life, we need to acknowledge the fact that humans are capable of a lot of things. Just because you think you know someone, that doesn't mean they wouldn't turn around and do something that would hurt your feelings. Know that there is a possibility in your mind forever. Seasons change, people change. If it happens, accept it, suck it up & move on. Everything will eventually be okay.

I believe having low or no expectations is one of the most powerful things. If you let go of anything you expect in life, everything that happens will be a surprise to you- good or bad. You might find something or meet someone that you've never expected. Isn't that a fun way to live?

Note to self: Have no expectations. Live in the moment. Allow life to flow through you.

Instagram | Youtube  | Twitter | Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. 視訊聊天交友-美女裸聊視頻直播間
    視訊美女-做愛裸聊室
    金瓶梅視訊-293真人秀場聊天室
    173免費視訊-視頻真人秀聊天室福利
    ut聊天室視訊-真人裸聊秀場
    live173影音視訊live秀-台灣uu視頻聊天室
    live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
    live173視訊影音live秀-夫妻開放聊天室
    173視訊聊天-同城午夜聊天室
    173視訊-開放性聊天室
    啪啪堂成人在線視頻視頻聊聊天室金瓶梅視訊聊天室換妻俱樂部手機直撥免費視訊聊天秀
    luo聊聊天室視頻秀聊天室夫妻視頻秀群號台灣ut聊天室亞洲成人裸體圖片網一對一視訊
    一對一性聊天室視頻直播聊天室一夜晴尋歡網快播色AV性愛影片日本快播A片免費一對多視訊
    女性聊天室愛吧聊視頻聊天室sm美女視頻網站午夜成人之美網站廣州約炮論壇免費一對一視訊
    免費QQ性聊天網瘋狂娛樂聊視頻語音聊天網sm絲足視頻網站性愛俱樂部一對一視訊聊天

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top