Sunday 11 September 2016

GRATEFUL AF

Gratitude
/ˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun

the quality of being thankful.

As I'm lying down on the couch, taking a break from planning,
I look out of my window and suddenly, I feel contented and grateful (af).
Damn, I have so much to be thankful for.

Today, as I write, I become more aware of the fact that my life is better than a lot of people out there. Well, as simple as it gets, I have a home (or two), an amazing family, more than enough clothes (but still buying sigh), sufficient food, friends- all these are saying something. The world out there is full of hardship, pain, and suffering- people yearn for a shelter, food or even a life to live.

Our world is filled with so much distractions nowadays. We get so caught up with what we want/ don't have, instead of what we have. People complain, I have to admit at times I do too. And that is because we tend to forget how lucky we are to have privileges that we probably don't even realise we have.

Being grateful is a choice. It definitely makes us happier and more optimistic. 
I am still in the process of learning this, constantly reminding myself that I am lucky and I should be thankful for whatever I have in life.

Try this- every morning when you wake up or every night before you sleep, write down 3 things (or more) that you're grateful for on that day- make a gratitude list.
Let me give you a head start, this is mine for the day:

1. Spending time with my parents
2. Being gifted a "Life" book & a cute notebook
3. Having an abundance of my favourite fruits to binge on

At the end of the day, it is the little things in life that matter the most.
I have been trying to do this every night, and i think it helps.
Try it !

P.S. no i'm neither telling you what to do, nor saying that i'm an expert in this.
i'm just simply expressing myself & if you can't deal, by all means don't read my blog.

Stay blessed!

Instagram | Youtube  | Twitter | Tumblr

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Beautiful words chica, stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words <3 I'm loving your illustrations!!

      Delete

Back to Top